Tuesday, November 10, 2009

5 Years Ago

"And when I passed by I saw that you were old enough for love. So I wrapped my cloak around you to cover your nakedness and declared my marriage vows. I made a covenant with you, says the Sovereign Lord, and you became MINE."
~Ezekiel 16:8

"Love is a great thing, a great good indeed, which alone makes light all that is burdensome, and bears with even mind all that is uneven. For it carries a burden without being burdened; and it makes all that which is bittersweet and savoury. The love of Jesus is noble, and spurs us to do great things, and excites us to desire always things more perfect.

5 Years ago I walked into a closet alone, afraid, unsure, and ready to give up, only to answer a call that would change the course of my life forever. I walked out of that closet a new person, clothed in righteousness , crowned by glory, never to walk alone again, every fear wiped away, certain that He would always be in control and ready to embrace what would be the adventure of my lifetime.

Nothing is sweeter than love; nothing stronger, nothing higher, nothing broader, nothing more pleasant, nothing fuller, or better in Heaven and in earth; for love is born of God, and can rest only in God above all things created.


Never before have I been more in love than I am right now, at this very moment, I sit in awe of all that He, Jesus Christ, has done in me and through me. The places He has brought me, the people he has used to speak His love into my life, the things He has taught me, I have never been more in love than I am now.


The lover flies, runs, and rejoices; he is free and not held. He gives all for all and has all in all, because he rests in one supreme above all, from whom all good flows and proceeds.

Never before have I felt so free, so safe, so certain.


Love knows no measure, but warmly glows above measure.

Never would I have guessed that I would be here right now, all of my wildest dreams coming true. On my own, but never alone, weak but made strong, empty but made full, filthy but cleansed.

Love feels no burden, regards not labours, would willingly do more than it is able, pleads not impossibility, because it feels sure that it can and may do all things. It is able, therefore, to do all things; and it makes good many deficiencies.

No matter the distance, the pressures, the burdens, the strife, the uncertanties, the unncessaries, the things unknown, the things undone, the dark valleys, the dry streams that may come I will stand. Because I know, "it will become a place of refreshing springs." "Each day the Lord pours His unfailing love upon me." "Though I may stumble, I will never fall, for the Lord holds me up by the hand." and that "The Lord's plans stand firm forever, his intentions can never be shaken."

Love watches, and sleeping slumbers not; weary, is not tired; straitened, is not constrained; frightened, is not disturbed; but, living like a flame and a burning torch, it burts forth upwards and safely over-passes all.

5 Years ago I took His hand and have not left His arms since.

Love is the answer to all things: love ends all questions
.

When all is said and done, whether I am to spend 6 years or 60 years with the Love of my Life, I know each day will be spent falling more in love with Him.


italics: Amy Carmichael

1 comment:

  1. oh Jess, this is beautiful! as are you! thinking of you and praying for you tonight.

    ReplyDelete