Tuesday, October 27, 2009

How Quickly it Comes!

Wow! I literally sit here almost appalled at the realization that today is October 27, 2009, I cannot believe how quickly the time has passed.

We have a calender haning on our wall and everyday that passes I mark out, counting down to the day I leave (hint the big circle) and everyday I realize once again how close the end is. As of today the countdown is 41 days. I cannot even begin to explain how fast this time has gone.


So what do these next 41 days have in store:
-a mission trip to Yako with the Youth
-Faso Parc (a 'theme' park) with Claudine, my compassion child
-a home visit with Claudine
-A couple visits to some other Compassion sites
-A anniversary party for the Clousers
-A couple thanksgiving celebrations
-A special youth group dinner
-A few Christmas Parties
-A little progress on the hangar that I am helping put up at the LAC
-and many surprises everyday between!



Prayer Requests:
~The mission trip to Yako
~Time managment ( I am having a difficult time finding time to do school work, surprised?)
~Re-Entry, and departure, already stressing about this.
~Family back home, and the family I will be leaving here.
~Wisdom in planning and arranging everything for school from here.



I also just wanted to share this little picture with you, a month ago(ish) we started a women's Bible study on the book of Esther, by Beth Moore, this is some of the women here in Ouaga who are taking part, hosted by the wonderful Amy Nehlsen!

2 comments:

  1. Jess, we are doing the same study here! Makes me want to sing "it's a small world after all." I'm sure it feels on one hand like you've been there forever and on the other like you just arrived. Finish strong, friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jess!! I cannot believe how quickly time has passed! I am for sure praying for you! And I completely sympathize on not having time to do school work. Whose idea was it to have to write papers while living in another country, anyway? But I know you can get it all done!! I'm praying for you, and I cannot wait to see you soon!!

    ReplyDelete