Thursday, June 4, 2009

24 Days!

Everyday is one closer to the change that is about to take place in my world. I have been very thankful to hear from Lynda's perspective about life in Burkina. She often reminds me how sweltering hot it is there, so much so that her skin is 3 inches under her sweat, and I sit here now in my air conditioned house thinking 'wow I can't wait.' I am sure that in just a few weeks I will be wishing I could be back here.
Things have been beginning to get super busy around here, we have been jam packed with fundraisers from 2 garage sales to golf tournaments, to another garage sale, it just seems as if asking for money will never come to an end, and yet at the end of the day I still have so much money to raise. This week it has been somewhat defeating to think of all that I still need to do before I leave and obviously the days are dwindling down. I haven't even been able to go to the store and begin to get supplies for the next 6 months because every isle overwhelms me and so I just walk right back out thinking I will do it later. I still have so many people I want to sit and share my heart with about what God is allowing me to do while I am there and ask for their financial support as well as prayer support but life doesn't run around my fundraising and it's been difficult to find times to do so. I guess all I can do right now is cling to Christ's promises of His provision, knowing that He has called me to Go and He will supply my means of getting there.

A Few Random pictures from the Golf Tournament











1 comment:

  1. You'll get everything done. It might be at the very last minute... but you'll get it done :) Please email me and let me know about how we can support you. Love you!

    ReplyDelete