Monday, June 15, 2009

A Glimpse

I had a small glimpse as to what life might be like in Burkina the other night. Taylor and I decided to save on gas and ride bikes to church from our Breanna Schultz's house. Taylor hops on the mountain bike and takes off up the hill, I hop on another mountain bike and the tires go completely flat in .2 seconds, well the only other bike there is the little girls bike, so what is a girl to do but hop on. It was quite a feat riding downhill with backwards pedal brakes and forget any uphill action (I had to get off and push) but it sure was an adventure. When we got to church Kevin said it was quite ironic that we decided to ride bikes on that day because he was going to talk about how burkinabe's ride bikes to get anywhere they want to go and he was going to ask us if we could imagine only having a bike to ride....Well let's just say we could imagine it after that long haul. I just hope that I won't have to ride a little girls bike (where the weight capacity is 100lbs.- far outdid that) in Burkina.

No comments:

Post a Comment