Sunday, June 28, 2009

Departure!

It's time to say Goodbye to the beautiful mountains

Tomorrow I set out to spend the next 6 months of my life in Africa! I am both terrified and triumphant. Trusting that all comes together in God's hands. Going in confidence knowing that He is Christ with me, Christ before me, Christ beside me, Christ behind me, Christ in me, Christ beneath me, and Christ above me.

In the morning I will arise through God's strength to direct me,
God's might to uphold me
God's wisdom to guide me
God's eye to look before m
God's ear to hear me
God's word to speak to me
God's hand to guard me
God's way to lie before me
God's shield to protect me
God's hosts to save me from snares of devils,
from temptations of vices,
from everyone who shall wish me ill,
afar and anear,
alone and in a multitude. -Patrick's 'Breastplate'

2 comments:

  1. Oh my friend! We love you and are praying for you as you go! Be safe and be ready for a life-changing experience!

    ReplyDelete
  2. May the Good Lord bless you and keep you in His Loving Care. Jack & Evie Brodbeck

    ReplyDelete