Saturday, July 18, 2009

Requests

Lately I have been realizing how crucial prayer is in my life and how desperately I need others to be praying for me as well. So I want to share a few struggles I have been having, obstacles I am facing and requests I hope people will meet on their knees before our Father with.

-First, God has been stretching me so much, teaching me to depend on him all the more. You lose a certain sense of independency here and he is growing me into complete reliance on Him. Please continue to pray that I would seek Him first for all that I need or all that I am facing.

-I have learned so much, been challenged beyond all I can imagine and I have no one to share all of this with. It's been really hard being half way around the world from those I am closest with, it costs money every minute to talk to rob, and skype never works to speak with anyone in the states. I have so much on my heart, so many questions, concerns, insights that I want to share face to face with those I love and I don't have that possibility right now.

-My primary ministry right now is prayer ministry, and knowing that feels like a huge responsibility. Obviously I cannot clearly communicate with people here and so most of my time is spent in unceasing prayer for people I pass, encounter, and work with. Yet, I still feel a huge responsibility and burden for those back home, for my family, my friends and at times the lists can be defeating.

-I am struggling with feeling like I have alot of down time right now. Granted it's summer and most of the ministries don't start back up until august, I just some days wish I could be out working with the children, helping the women, etc. I also know that in order for those things to happen I must first grasp the language so that those ministries can be all the more effective.

Please just pray in general for what God is doing here on the field, alot of visions are being cast and opportunies are arising every single day, pray that those working here would be lead in the right directions and attentive to the voice of the Lord.

1 comment:

  1. We are praying!

    Remember... even if it doesn't seem like it... and doesn't make sense in the world's view... prayer is the most powerful thing you can be doing.

    I need to remember that too!

    Love you.

    ReplyDelete